Saturday, February 25, 2012

21 Weeks

Hello Baby Bump!!
Reflections this Week:
How Far Along?:   21 weeks, we've passed the halfway point!
Total Weight Gain: starting to feel like I'm carrying a baby!  My belly feels huge these days, I know it's only a sign of things to come though! Bring it on!  I'm still hovering around 5-7 pounds so far but at the end of the day I FEEL more pregnant and my belly feels bigger, I wonder if that's normal?
Clothing: most of my regular clothes still
Catching Zzzzs: Sleeping well so far
Best Moments of the Week: Kevin felt our little Will kick for the first time this week and later on I could actually see him kick, which was so surreal.  We are loving every minute of this!  Also, having Kevin's parents  surprise us by offering to buy Will's crib & mattress and having my dad and step-mom offer to buy the matching bureau, this kid is already loved and so are we.  
Miss Anything?: a classroom full of 2nd graders just before vacation... I really wanted a glass of wine the other night!  It's been an amazing week in 2nd grade land, just a LOT of energy! Will is getting to hear lots of kid noises & read alouds!
Movements: All the time, I think I can feel him roll now, there are these "waves" for lack of a better term, and I love it!  I think he likes reggae, he moves around a lot when I'm listening to it, that's my little island boy :)
Food Cravings: watermelon
Queasy/Sick: nope
Gender: little buckaroo :)
Labor Signs: nada
Symptoms: some round ligament pain & left rib cage discomfort (front & back) but very minor
Belly Button: just doing what it does
Wedding Rings: on
I'm feeling: like God must really love me to bless me in so many ways, I am feeling so incredibly grateful each and every day
Looking Forward to: finding our house (fingers crossed!), February vacation & time to design the nursery.

"Hey Mama, look what I can do!
 adapted from babycenter.com


This week I am about the length of a banana (roughly 10 1/2 inches long) and I weight about 3/4 of a pound.  I'm working on my black belt because my little butterfly kicks have turned into full-fledged round house kicks and nudges, my daddy even felt one this week!  My mom is starting to tell the pattern of when I like to move around, she's pretty smart, but worried I might be a night owl. :) I now have eyebrows and eyelids, which will come in handy for making expressions to make my mom and dad laugh.  My mom's hoping I'll be as funny as my dad, but I don't know, he's pretty funny!  

No comments: