Sunday, February 12, 2012

19 Weeks: Mango!

Baby is the Size of A Mango, My Favorite Fruit!
 
Me, a Mango, and your daddy with a 2-couch-pillow baby belly :)

Reflections this Week:
How Far Along?: 19 weeks, time is FLYING!
Total Weight Gain: 5 lbs.
Clothing: most of my regular clothes with some maternity dress pants mixed in for teaching 
Catching Zzzzs: sleeping great except for waking up on my back and then switching back to my left side, like all the baby books & sites recommend
Best Moments of the Week:  We were pre-qualified for a home loan & are meeting with our realtor today to look at 6 houses! Fingers crossed we'll find a home sweet home for this little baby.
Miss Anything?: Super Bowl Sunday required an adult beverage given the loss for the Pats, but feeling this baby kick is way better!
Movements:  kicks every day, especially when I am listening to music, which is a great sign! :)  I have a little stuffed elephant (the first present given to us for the baby from a sweet friend)  that plays a lullaby and when I hold it to my stomach the baby kicks, it's become our nightly routine. :)
Food Cravings: watermelon... I would seriously eat it every day! 
Queasy/Sick: No, still no real desire to eat meat though, it grosses me out just looking at it.  
Gender: We find out THURSDAY!!!
Labor Signs: Nope, but just read the labor section of What to Expect When You're Expecting and no, I am not scared of delivery. Being scared or worried wouldn't help anyway! :)
Symptoms: Heartburn is becoming a constant companion, even after drinking milk, who knew milk could give you heartburn? When I sit down at the end of the day I have some pain under my ribs on the left side, but it's nothing too major, I know later I'll remember this fondly later when the real discomfort begins
Belly Button: doing what belly buttons do... whatever that is!
Wedding Rings: on
I'm feeling: so happy about everything in my life right now :) (except having to buy a new vehicle while also buying a new house, while also buying baby "things", but we'll make it!)
Looking Forward to: The ultrasound on Thursday with Kevin, then my birthday Friday.  My sister & brother in law are coming for the weekend & we'll do the big reveal about this little boy or girl then. :) 

"Hey Mama, look what I can do!
 adapted from babycenter.com
So growing is kicking into high gear this week, making some very important things happen for my sensory development.  My brain now has special areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch and I can hear my parent's voices now.  I've realized that my mom loves books because she reads to me every day and my dad has a much better singing voice than my mom.  I also think it must make mom happy when dad plays his guitar for little 8 1/2 ounce, 6 inch long me.  I also know they have a very spoiled dog named Bailey who they are trying to prepare for my arrival.  I just know we're going to be buddies!  Oh, and I look pretty cute now that my arms & legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of my body.  I am even sprouting hair on my head!  

No comments: