Sunday, February 26, 2012

22 Weeks

This week, I'm the size of a Papaya! 
Just like the ones my parents used to find in the rain forest in St. Croix, 
they're gonna take me there someday!

Reflections this Week:
How Far Along?:  halfway, plus 2 weeks!
Total Weight Gain: hovering around 7-8 lbs.
Clothing: still wearing my favorite jeans, but don't know how long that will be true, they're starting to feel uncomfortable when I sit down or when they're fresh out of the dryer.  
Catching Zzzzs: some tossing & turning, maybe because we're trying to buy a house and that's all kinds of exciting/terrifying/stressful/wonderful!  Turning 30, having a baby, buying a baby-mama car, AND buying our first home makes for lots of reasons to be awake at night! Life is good! :)
Best Moments of the Week:  Scoring a Pack 'N Play, play mat, and other goodies off a local facebook mom group, beginning the process of home ownership by signing our names a bazillion times (my 2nd graders love that word!) and having a week off to handle all the appointments with the realtor & mortgage broker & home inspections! I can't wait to go back to school, I miss my kiddos & need a vacation from my vacation!  I also got to drive my grandfather (Puppa) home from the hospital this week and visit with my family up north, which is always a gift.   
Miss Anything?: I would have loved a glass of wine after signing the mortgage paperwork!  I don't miss anything though, this is an amazing time of my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 
Movements: Lots of kicks & what I think must be rolls/tumbles, but I am looking forward to feeling hiccups sometime soon :)
Food Cravings: STILL watermelon, can't get enough, just wish it were in season!!!
Queasy/Sick: nope, that ship has sailed for the time being it seems :)
Gender: Snips & snails & puppy dog tails, Baby Will is our little boy!
Labor Signs: goose eggs (insert sigh of relief here)
Symptoms: HEARTBURN... all.the.time.  Plus the same rib pain when I am sitting, but still small potatoes kinds of things.
Belly Button: normal
Wedding Rings: right where they belong 
I'm feeling: nervous/excited about the house buying process, but ready to finally live in one home that we own and not having to move in a year for the first time in my life!!!
Looking Forward to: Having the realtor tell us the radon & water tests come back with no issues, then hopefully having the seller be okay with some of the minor repairs we think are necessary... fingers crossed!!! I am going to remain optimistic and continue designing rooms in my mind, this has become a major slight addiction! :)

"Hey Mama, look what I can do!
 adapted from babycenter.com

Little papaya me isn't quite so little anymore, I am 11 inches long and nearly a whole pound now!  I am looking like a miniature newborn now and my face is fully formed.  My eyelids, eyebrows and lips are becoming more distinct and I am growing tiny little tooth buds under my gums. I have a feeling they aren't going to be much fun later.  My eyes are here, ta-da, but we aren't sure what color they will be yet. My mom is hoping for them to be blue like my dad's, but he wants them to be brown like hers.  Maybe I'll be like a husky, with one of each color!  I think my parents are really just hoping for eyes that see well so I can smile at them, no matter what color they turn out to be.  I'm a hairy little person right now and my wrinkly skin is covered with this stuff called lanugo that I'll have until I have some more baby fat.  In my tummy, my pancreas is developing steadily.  My mom is starting to notice my sleep cycles, I sleep 12-14 hours a day, but she can tell when I am awake because I like to wiggle around.  Sometimes my dad calls me a little wiggle-worm and my mom thinks that's cute! :)

No comments: