Monday, April 9, 2012

28 Weeks: Hello Third Trimester!

Hello 3rd Trimester & Baby Rutabaga

* still no camera :( 
I need to go buy a new one, ughh...


Reflections this Week:
How Far Along?: Helloooo third trimester!
Total Weight Gain: 16-17 lbs. although I feel enormous these days!
Clothing: we currently have a love/hate relationship with a few frustrating moments searching for things that are comfortable and don't look icky (yes, I said icky, I teach 2nd grade, it works for me!)
Catching Zzzzs: becoming more and more interesting... I wake up a lot and feel sore in the morning, just can't seem to get comfortable, even with the enormous body pillow, getting sleepy again but not as bad as the 1st trimester... yet...
Best Moments of the Week: having a sweet volunteer at school give me 14 Fuzzy Buns cloth diapers, what an amazing savings! Kev & I played with them and figured out the snaps, this is a great start to our collection, just need some more from my registry and we'll be all set to get started!
Miss Anything?:  my clothes, sleeping soundly... but it's worth it 
Movements: tons, all the time, you can see them and I can already tell how much I'm going to miss this, Will & Daddy had some alone time the other night while I was asleep and he was kicking Kev's hands, I love it
Food Cravings: not really, watermelon is still my favorite, but not really craving it as much
Queasy/Sick: nope
Gender: sweet baby William
Labor Signs: nope
Symptoms: heartburn all the time, rib pain, pelvic bone pain, general discomfort when I try to sleep, I guess the 3rd trimester is here! Bring it on!
Belly Button: I can still see it, and my toes... wonder how long that will last?
Wedding Rings: on, no signs of swelling & blood pressure is great so hopefully it stays this way!
I'm feeling:  ready to move into our new house, ready to play in our new yard, ready to get things settled, THEN I'll feel a bit more ready to meet our little boy :)
Looking Forward to: Early closing on our house, this Friday!!!  We'll be putting family to work on house projects next week, everything from cleaning to painting, it's gonna be great! :)

"Hey Mama, look what I can do!
 adapted from babycenter.com

I now weigh around two 1/4 pounds and measure roughly 14.8 inches from my head to my heels.  I keep my mom entertained with somersaults, flips, kicks and lots of movements, even hiccups!  I can blink my eyes with my fancy new eyelashes and can see a little bit of light.  My brain is developing billions of neurons and I'm adding even more baby pudge so I'm ready for life in the outside world.

No comments: