Monday, January 23, 2012

17 Week Update

Reflections this Week:
How Far Along?: 17 weeks
Total Weight Gain: nothing (yet)
Clothing: dress pants for teaching are not very comfortable so I bought a few of these belly bands for future use, they are pretty awesome :)
I have this one, but really want more!
Catching Zzzzs: it's been a tossy-turny week and I am still waking up at 3 o'clock every morning, part of the tossing and turning might be due to having an enormous dog who tries to cuddle but steals the blankets :) I also can't seem to stay asleep on my left side, but I keep trying.  I also had the most vivid dream about feeling the baby move (more than just fluttering, but MAJOR movement) and woke up so excited, then realized it was a dream, but I could have sworn it was real! 
Best Moments of the Week:  Hearing the steady beat of this little one's tiny heart last Monday and having my 2nd graders stuff their jackets under the shirts and seeing "See Mrs. C, when you get your big baby belly, we'll get big bellies too!"  It was hilarious!
Miss Anything?: After a stressful budget cut meeting, I really wanted a glass of wine after school, but had to settle for a Tum's instead to kill the heartburn
Movements: very slight stirrings from time to time, almost like butterfly wings, I can't wait for more!
Food Cravings: still loving fruit, but feeling pretty normal over all
Queasy/Sick: not big into meat or anything really spicy, which is weird because I love spicy food normally
Gender: Soon to be determined, February 9th, the day before my birthday! Boy or girl, we'll be thrilled & happy to know which pronoun to use!
Labor Signs: nada, phew!
Symptoms: heartburn every day & some middle back pain this week
Belly Button: doing what it does, what does a belly button do anyway?
Wedding Rings: on 
I'm feeling: Joyful :)
Looking Forward to: February 9th and the big gender reveal, but more importantly, Kev's first chance to see the baby via ultrasound, I can't wait to watch his face :)  

                       
I can't wait to make one of these...
just gotta wait for the tiny little feet!
This just cracked me up...
because it's TRUE!



"Hey Mama, look what I can do!"
adapted from babycenter.com

I bet you haven't been as busy as me this week!  I now have tiny little fingerprints, which will come in handy later for making nice little smudges on the window panes.  :) I have also been toughening up, my bones have changed from soft cartilage to bone, maybe it's because my mama is drinking so much milk everyday!  Even my umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, so I'm a force to be reckoned with.  I weigh in at a hefty 5 ounces (about the size of a turnip, please... not a future nickname!) and I am about 5 inches long from my head to my bottom.  I can even move my joints and my sweat glands are starting to develop!  So, what did you accomplish this week?

No comments: