Ho Hum...So our appointment Monday was a major disappointment :( Kevin and I have both been looking forward to seeing our little one on the ultrasound, but when we got to the appointment, the nurse apologetically said that they'd made a mistake, it was just a blood-draw, weighing, belly check appointment. Don't get me wrong, it was great to know that everything's going well (blood pressure's fine, everything looks great) but it was a let down not seeing those little hands and feet moving all around. On a happy note, we did both get to hear that truly amazing and completely incredible little heart thumping away and that is certainly a priceless gift every time we hear it. It's still beating around 150-160 bpm, so some think it might be a little lady. :) Now we begin the countdown to the next appointment on February 9th when we find out if our little "it" is a boy or a girl!
Oh... and Guess What?
It's *nearly* week 17 and dun da-da da.. (my attempt at typing a drum roll, apologies for being tone deaf even when I type!)... our Baby can hear music now!
This means the poor little one will be subjected to my
* Here Comes the Sun: The Beatles
* Van Morrison... oh how I love just about everything he does, except the
ones the radio constantly plays to death (Moon Dance, Gloria, etc...)
* What a Wonderful World: L. Armstrong
* Sweet Baby James & anything by James Taylor
* Jack Johnson... too many to list!
* 3 Little Birds & many others: Bob Marley
* Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Isreal "Izzy" Kamakawiwo'ole
* Box of Rain & many others: G. Dead
* Give Me Love: George Harrison
* Anything acoustic guitar
* If Not For You: Bob Dylan
* Mark Knopfler: too many to list
* anything happy with steel drums
What do you think I should add? All suggestions welcome! :)