Wednesday, June 20, 2012

38 Weeks and Holding

Woah Mama, a Pumpkin, seriously???

Reflections this Week:
How Far Along?: the question I have is "How much farther to go?"
Total Weight Gain: holding at 20 lbs, but it feels like wayyy more!
Clothing: sundresses & flipflops, thank God for stretchy material!
Catching Zzzzs: not easy, but some nights are better than others
Best Moments of the Week: still oohing and aahing over the 3-D ultrasound we got a week ago, getting to see his little face just blows our minds and we can't wait to meet him! The last day of school was yesterday and it was bittersweet for me, it's so hard to say goodbye to my students but I know they are in great hands next year and I have a kiddo all my own to look forward to.
Miss Anything?: MY ANKLES!  Seriously, if you see them hiding somewhere, I would love to have them returned to me, I could even offer a reward!!!
Movements: lots of movement, just not big all over twists & turns because it's getting crowded in there
Food Cravings: not many these days, although watermelon is still amazing, I would love some really good sushi but am going to make some prego-safe versions tonight for dinner
Queasy/Sick: nope
Gender: bouncing baby boy
Labor Signs: the doc says I'm about 50% effaced but he's still pretty high & hasn't dropped much AT ALL, although he's measuring 40 weeks as of a week ago, so I hope he decides to stop messing around with the B.H. contractions and shoot for the real thing, although I know he'll come when he's ready.  His mom & dad are always early, I wonder if he's rebelling? 
Symptoms: swollen ankles that make me resemble the stay-puff marshmallow man, weird sausage like appendages that used to be my toes... the warm weather makes me realize how tough it is on mamas who live in warm climates for their whole pregnancy, kudos to you ladies, this part is seriously no fun!  I still love being pregnant though!
Belly Button: flat as a pancake
Wedding Rings: sadly... off, they are just too snug by the end of the day
I'm feeling:  ready to meet this little boy!!!
Looking Forward to: another ultrasound next Wednesday to check his growth & progress

"Hey Mama, look what I can do!
 adapted from babycenter.com 

I am quite a baby, just waiting for the time to be right!  I am a healthy baby boy, unsure of my size at the moment, somewhere hovering around 8 lbs. most likely and ready to be born!  My organs are fully developed and I have a firm grasp that my parents will feel when they hold my hand for the first time ever, which will be very soon! Ready or not... here I come!

No comments: