Thursday, June 28, 2012

Letter from Mama


So the past 2 days at school we've had an incredible conference all about writing instruction and since William hasn't arrived yet, I was able to attend and it was wonderful.  During today's session, we were asked to try out persuasive writing, which is something kids are expected to be able to do according to the Common Core Standards.  It was a lot of fun and this is what I came up with, I hope you enjoy.




June 28th, 2012

Dear William,

It’s just me, your mom, writing to you because I am so over the moon and beyond the stars eager to meet you!  The question that has been swirling around my brain all day is this: Will today be your birthday?  The doctors said it might be and I think it should be.

One reason that June 28th would be a perfect birthday is that sharing is hard to do sometimes.  You’ll learn that quickly.  If you are born today, you won’t have to share your birthday with America as it is almost the 4th of July.  Instead, you’ll have a special day just for you!  Another reason your candles should forever be lit on this day is that you have a furry big sister named Bailey who is waiting to meet you.  She is your dog and our family’s best friend.  Although she is very ill, she’s trying her hardest to stay with us until the day that she can meet you. I know for a fact that she would very much love to kiss your face at least once and joyfully wag her tail simply at the sight of you, her much anticipated little brother.  My final reason that you should consider joining our family today might make you giggle.  If you don’t show up soon, your daddy and I just might lose our minds in anticipation of finally cradling you in our arms, kissing those rosy cheeks, admiring your tiny fingers and toes, and smiling down at your face with teary eyes for the first time.  We have been waiting nine long months and our whole lives through, it seems.

Sweet baby William, please join us as soon as you can.  There is an incredibly beautiful world that’s yours to explore and it’s all here just waiting for you, whenever you decide it’s time.  Many loving people in your life are sitting on the edge of their seats, holding their breath, anxious to jump for joy at the news of your arrival. I cannot wait to shout it from the rooftops.

With All the Love in My Heart,
Mom

No comments: